Decision No. 567/QD-TTg dated April 28, 2010 of the Prime Minister approving the Program on development of non-baked building materials through 2020
Article 1. To approve the Program on development of non-baked building materials through 2020 with the following principal contents:
1. Development viewpoints
a/ To conform to the master plan on development of building materials in Vietnam through 2020, which was approved by the Prime Minister; to satisfy the use demands of society; to efficiently use agricultural land, save energy, minimize pollution and protect the environment;
b/ To make the fullest use of discarded materials of other industries;
c/To develop production establishments with rational capacity and advanced technologies; to step by step localize the manufacture of equipment for non-baked building material production chains; to diversify product sizes to suit the practical construction of works, meeting quality requirements;
d/ To encourage all economic sectors to invest in non-baked building material production and trading.
2. Development objectives
a/ General objectives
To develop the production and use of non-baked building materials in replacement of baked clay bricks, to save agricultural land, contribute to the assurance of national food security, minimize gas emissions which cause greenhouse effects and environmental pollution, to reduce costs of treatment of discarded materials for industries, to save coal fuel and bring about overall economic efficiency for the entire society.
b/ Specific objectives
- To develop the production and the use of non-baked building materials in replacement of baked clay bricks at the rate of 20-25% by 2015 and 30-40% by 2020;
- To annually use around 15-20 million tons of industrial discarded materials (thermo-power plants' ashes, blast furnace cinder...) for the production of non-baked building materials, saving around 1,000 ha of agricultural land and hundreds of hectares of land for storage of discarded materials;
- To proceed with completely abolishing baked clay brick production establishments with manual kilns.
3. Orientations for the development of non-baked building material production and use through 2020
a/ Types of products
- Reinforced-cement brick: The proportion of reinforced-cement bricks to the total quantity of non-baked building materials will reach about 74% by 2015 and 70% by 2020;
- Light bricks: The proportion of light bricks to the total quantity of non-baked building materials will reach around 21% by 2015 and 25% by 2020. Light bricks have the following two principal types:
+ Aerocrete (AAC) bricks: The proportion of AAC bricks to the total quantity of non-baked building materials will be around 16% by 2015 and 20% by 2020;
+ Foam concrete bricks: The proportion of foam-concrete bricks to the total quantity of non-baked building materials will be around 5% by 2015.
- Other bricks (cleaved rocks, laterite bricks, non-baked bricks from hilly land and construction or industrial discarded materials, calcium-silicate bricks...), which will represent about 5% of the total quantity of non-baked building materials by 2015.
b/ Technology and capacity
To develop non-baked building materials production establishments with advanced technologies and capacities suitable to each region or area.
c/ Use of non-baked building materials:
- From 2011, for high-rises (with 9 or more floors), the use of light non-baked building materials (of a volume not exceeding 1,000 kg/ m3) will at least represent 30% of the total quantity of building materials;
- The use of other non-baked building materials with a degree of porosity higher than 30% and light non-baked building materials for construction works is encouraged.
4. Groups of major solutions to realizing of the program include:
a/ Group of policy and mechanism solutions
Preferential policies on non-baked building materials production and consumption:
+ In addition to policies on import and enterprise income tax incentives as well as other preferences and supports under current regulations, projects to manufacture equipment for the production of light non-baked building materials and reinforced cement bricks with a capacity of 7 million or more standard bricks/year will enjoy incentives like projects under the key mechanical engineering program;
+ The costs of technology transfer in projects will comply with the provisions of Articles 9 and 39 of the Law on Technological Transfer.
b/ Group of scientific and technical solutions.
c/ Group of information and propagation solutions.
Article 2. Implementation organization
1. The Ministry of Construction shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with ministries, sectors and localities in, performing the following tasks:
- To publicize, disseminate, direct and inspect the implementation of, the Program on development of non-baked building materials nationwide. To annually or extraordinarily report thereon to the Prime Minister;
- To promulgate documents guiding the realization of specific contents of the Program;
- To apply scientific and technological solutions for development of the production and use of non-baked building materials;
- To make lists of import tax-free equipment and supplies for the production of non-baked building materials.
- To work out a roadmap for, and urge, the elimination of manual brick kilns region by region;
- To conduct information work on the production and use of non-baked building materials.
2. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall review and promulgate documents guiding the implementation, with a view to strictly managing the use of agricultural land for the production of baked clay bricks.
3. The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction in, guiding the implementation of relevant tax policies.
4. The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction in, raising the domestic engineering capacity for manufacturing non-baked building materials production equipment.
5. The Ministry of Science and Technology shall guide the use of the Technological Transfer Fund according to regulations.
6. Provincial-level People's Committees:
- To plan raw-material zones for the production of baked clay bricks in conformity with relevant master plans; it is forbidden to use agricultural land for the production of baked clay bricks;
- To disseminate and organize the realization of contents of the Program suitable to each locality;
- To organize the elimination of baked clay brick production establishments with manual kilns in their localities;
- To annually or extraordinarily report on the production and use of non-baked building materials to the Ministry of Construction for sum-up report to the Prime Minister.
Article 3. To assign the Ministry of Construction to monitor and direct the implementation of the Program; to annually evaluate the implementation of the Program and propose contents to be adjusted to the Prime Minister.
Article 4. This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing.
Article 5. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, chairpersons of provincial-level People's Committees, the Boards of Directors of economic groups and state corporations and heads of concerned agencies shall implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
HOANG TRUNG HAI
Demands for non-baked building materials
(To the Prime Minister's Decision No. 567/QD-TTg of April 28, 2010)
Unit: Billion bricks
Projected number of production chains to be additionally developed
(To the Prime Minister's Decision No. 567/QD-TTg of April 28, 2010)
Unit: Production chain
Tags: Lawyer, Lawyers, Law Firm, Dragon Law Firm, Hanoi Law Firm, Vietnam Law Firm, Hanoi Lawyer, Vietnam Lawyer, Lawyer in Hanoi, Lawyer in Vietnam, Law Firm in Hanoi, Law Firm in Vietnam, Vietnamese Lawyer, Vietnamese Laws
Decree No. 24/2011/ND-CP dated April 05, 2011 of the Government amending a number of Articles of the November 27, 2009 Decree No.108/2009/ND-CP on investment in the form of Build-Operate-Transfer cont
Circular No. 21/2010/TT-BXD dated November 16, 2010 of the Ministry of Construction guiding Regulation conformity certification and announcement for construction material products and goods
Circular No. 20/2010/TT-BXD dated October 27, 2010 of the Ministry of Construction guiding the pilot elaboration and announcement of a number of real estate market indexes
Circular No. 18/2010/TT-BXD dated October 15, 2010 of the Ministry of Construction providing for the application of regulations and standards in construction activities
Decision No. 1874/QD-TTg dated October 11, 2010 of the Prime Minister approving the orientations for development of Vietnam's urban lighting through 2025
© Copyright: 2011 DRAGON LAW FIRM - All rights reserved