Circular No. 17/2010/TT-BKH dated July 22, 2010 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment providing in detail pilot online bidding
Article 1. Scope of regulation
1. Pilot online bidding shall be conducted for consultancy service, procurement and engineering bidding packages for which contractors are selected through open bidding. restricted bidding or domestic competitive offering.
2. In online bidding, the following steps of the contractor selection process shall be implemented on the Internet:
a/ Publishing the bidding plan:
b/ Notifying the invitation for submission of dossiers of expression of interest (EOI). notifying the invitation for prequalification. notifying the invitation for bids and notifying the invitation for offers:
c/ Issuing dossiers of invitation for EOI. dossiers of invitation for prequalification. bidding dossiers and dossiers of requirements;
d/ Submitting dossiers of EOI, dossiers of prequalification participation, bid dossiers and dossiers of proposals;
e/ Opening bids and dossiers of proposals (records of bid opening and records of opening dossiers of proposals);
f/ Notifying contractor selection results:
g/ Publishing information on contractors violating the biding law. Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Pilot online bidding shall be conducted at three agencies, namely the People's Committee of Hanoi, the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group and the Vietnam Electricity Group (below referred to as piloting agencies).
a/ Investors and bid solicitors of the piloting agencies defined in Clause 1 of this Article shall perform the steps specified at Points a. b. c and g. Clause 2. Article 1 of this Circular.
b/ Each piloting agency shall select at least five (5) procurement bidding packages, three (3) consultancy service bidding packages and three (3)
engineering bidding packages for which contractors are selected through competitive offering, open bidding or restricted bidding for pilot online bidding under Clause 2. Article I of this Circular.
2. Agencies and organizations other than those defined in Clause 1 of this Article are encouraged to apply online bidding under this Circular. Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Circular, the terms below are construed as follows:
. Online bidding or e-bidding means the process of utilizing the Internet and computing apparatuses to select contractors under the bidding law. 2. Online bidding system (below referred to as system) consists of a server system, computing apparatuses (hardware) and information technology application programs (software) installed on the server at http:// muasamcong.mpi.gov.vn for conducting online bidding.
3. System operating agency is the Department of Public Procurement under the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
4. Provider of digital signature certification services used in the system during the pilot period is the Department of Public Procurement under the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
5. E- document means a document in electronic form which is created, sent, received and stored in the system, including bidding plan, dossier of invitation for EOI. dossier of EOI, dossier of invitation for prequalification. dossier of prequalification participation, bidding dossier, bid dossier, dossier of requirements, dossier of proposals and e-documents exchanged between the bid solicitor and contractor in the process of contractor selection.
6. Digital certificate used in online bidding (below referred to as digital certificate) means a certificate in electronic form granted by the provider of digital signature certification services for conducting online bidding in the system. A valid digital certificate means a digital certificate neither expired yet. suspended, destroyed nor revoked.
. Asymmetrical cipher system means a cipher system which is capable of creating a pair of keys consisting of a secret key and a public key. 8. Digital signature used in online bidding (below referred to as digital signature) means a type of e-signature which is created through changing a data massage using the asymmetrical cipher system, thereby the person having the initial data message and the signer's public key can accurately identify that such change is created by the secret key corresponding to the public key in the same pair of keys and the integrity of the contents of the data message after making such change. In the system, a digital signature shall be used to certify the name of the signer of an e-document and establish the legality of such edocument.
9. Key means a sequence of binary numerals used in a cipher system. 10. Secret key means a key in the pair of keys in an asymmetrical cipher system which is used to create a digital signature.
11. Public key means a key in the pair of keys in the asymmetrical cipher system which is used to check whether a digital signature is created by the corresponding secret key in the pair of keys.
12. Cancellation of a digital certificate means the permanent invalidation of such digital certificate from a certain point of lime.
13. Password of the secret key of a digital certificate means a password used together with such digital certificate to sign in the system.
14. Server means an electronic equipment installed onto the system for sending, receiving and storing e-documents and processing information. 15. Bid solicitor means an agency or organization that has been registered in the system and accepted as a bid solicitor under the bidding law to organize online bidding.
16. Contractor means an organization which has been registered in the system and accepted as a contractor in online bidding.
17. System user (below referred to as user) includes bid solicitor, contractor and the system operating agency.
18. Bid solicitor's agency code in the system means a code granted by the Ministry of Finance under the Finance Minister's Decision No. 90/ 2007/QDBTC of October 26. 2007. When the bid solicitor has no code granted under this Decision, its agency code shall be automatically created by the system. 19. Use instructions for bid solicitors means documents including instructions for registration of users as bid solicitors and professional instructions for bid solicitors published in the use instructions section on the system's home page. 20. Use instructions for contractors means documents including instructions for registration of users as contractors and professional instructions for contractors published in the use instructions section on the system's home
Article 4. Validity of e-documents
1. E-documents exchanged via the system with digital signatures of lawful representatives are all legal and valid like documents in hard copy. 2. An e-document sent to the server may be regarded as being successfully sent only when the server has received it. After receiving an e-document, the server will give certification to the sender that it has successfully received such e-document.
3. The time of sending and receiving e-documents via the system shall be determined based on the time recorded in the server of the system. Article 5. Credentials of bid solicitors and contractors
1. When organizing online bidding, bid solicitors shall register their participation in the system in order to be granted a digital certificate under
Article 16 of this Circular.
2. When participating in online bidding, contractors shall register their participation in the system in order to be granted a digital certificate under
Article 17 of this Circular.
Article 6. Bid security
When participating in bidding, contractors shall take bid security measures indicated in bidding dossiers.
When a bidding dossier stipulates that bid security must be paid by account transfer, the bid solicitor shall guide the contractor to transfer it into the account indicated in the notice of bid solicitation in the system. When bid security is made by a bank's letter of guarantee, the contractor shall scan this letter and enclose it with a bid dossier upon submission. Article 7. Change of bidding participation status
When participating in bidding or competitive offering, if wishing to change its name already registered upon receiving a bidding dossier or dossier of requirements, the contractor shall notify in writing the new name to the bid solicitor before the time of bid closing or before the expiration of the time limit for submission of dossiers of proposals.
When contractors wish to shift their status from independence to partnership, contractors to the partnership shall make an online partnership agreement according to use instructions for contractors in the use instructions section on the system's home page and send such agreement to the bid solicitor before the
bid closing or before the expiration of the time limit for submission of dossiers
Article 8. Format of attached files
To ensure convenience for recipients, when sending attached files on the system, bid solicitors and contractors shall use such common file formats as MS Word, pdf and jpg in Unicode letter font. If wishing to use other specialuse file formats, they shall supply relevant software for easy opening and reading of such files.
Details of formatting attached files are provided in use instructions for bid solicitors and use instructions for contractors.
Article 9. Errors related to attached files
For e-documents submitted by the contractor in attached files which cannot be opened and read, the bid solicitor shall make and send a record thereof to the contractor and the system operating agency, then open the backup dossier of
EOI. dossier of prequalification participation, bid dossier and dossier of proposals of the contractor (if any) for obtaining relevant CD files. If CD files
cannot be read either, the bid solicitor shall:
1. In case the files have secret codes or the bid solicitor does not have appropriate font sizes or software for opening and reading them, notify such to the contractor, and request supply of secret codes or appropriate font sizes or software within 4 hours to enable the opening and reading of these files. Past this time limit, if the contractor fails to respond to such request, the bid solicitor shall make a record certifying errors of the contractor's e-documents. If erroneous files are integral parts of a dossier of EOI. dossier of
prequalification participation, bid dossier or dossier of proposals, the
contractor will be eliminated; otherwise, the bid solicitor shall request the contractor to add corresponding files which can be opened and read. 2. For files which cannot be opened and read for reasons other than those listed in Clause 1 of this Article and are also integral parts of a dossier of EOI. dossier of prequalification participation, bid dossier or dossier of proposals, the contractor will be eliminated: otherwise, the bid solicitor shall request the contractor to add corresponding files which can be opened and read. Article 10. Maintenance of the system
If wishing to suspend providing services for maintenance, inspection, or replacement of equipment of the system, the system operating agency shall notify such suspension at least 15 days in advance via the system to concerned agencies and organizations. Then, the system will automatically extend the time of bid closing or opening under Article 11 of this Circular. Article 11. Automatic extension of the time of bid closing or opening When the system suspends providing services for maintenance purpose or experiences an error beyond control, it will automatically extend the time of
bid closing or opening as follows:
1. The system suspension duration shall be counted from the lime the system, operating agency suspends providing services for maintenance purpose or the time the system experiences an error to the time this agency notifies that it has completed the maintenance or error correction. After completing the maintenance or error correction, the system operating agency shall notify such completion via the system and resume provision of services under regulations. 2. Eligible for extension are bidding packages with the time of bid closing or opening within the system suspension duration.
3. Extension duration:
a/ When the system is suspended at the time of bid closing or opening, the new time of bid closing or opening will recede 3 hours after the time of issuance of a notice on the system's resumption.
b/ If the new time of bid closing is beyond the working hours in a day. it will be automatically extended to 9:00 hours of the subsequent working day.
c/ If the time of bid closing is within 3 hours after the time of notification of the system's resumption, the new time of bid closing and opening will be extended for 3 hours.
d/ If the system suspension time is after the time of bid closing but before the time of bid opening, the time of bid opening will be extended for 3 hours from the time of notification of the system's resumption.
4. When bids cannot be opened within the time prescribed for automatic extension, the bid solicitor shall directly extend the time of bid opening based on use instructions for bid solicitors in the system and publish such extension in the system and concurrently email it to participating contractors. 5. When the system suspension duration exceeds 5 working days, the bid solicitor may. based on the actual situation of a bidding package, decide to allow the remaining steps of the bidding process to be performed offline but. after the system's resumption, input contractor selection results of such
bidding package into the system.
6. When the system automatically extends the time of bid closing, contractors are not required to extend the validity durations of bid dossiers dossiers of
proposals and bid security if these durations meet the requirements in the
issued bidding dossier or dossier of requirements.
Article 12. Conditions on users" information technology infrastructure To use the system, users' information technology infrastructure must meet the following essential requirements:
1. Internet transmission lines:
a/ Having Internet connection to the system:
b/ Opening the ports of 8070, 8080. 8081, 8082. 4502.4503 and 9000.
2. Computer configuration:
a/ Operating systems: Windows XP. Windows Vista and Windows 7; b/ Internet Explorer: at least 6.0;
c/ Screen resolution: at least 1024 x 768.
Article 13. Information details to be published in the system 1. The following bidding information must be inputted and published in the system:
a/ Bidding plans:
b/ Notices of invitation for submission of dossiers of EOI. notices of invitation
for prequalification. bid solicitation notices and notices of invitation for offers: c/ Short lists;
d/ Dossiers of invitation for EOI. dossiers of invitation for prequalification, bidding dossiers and dossiers of requirements:
e/ Contractor selection results:
f/ Information on contractors violating the bidding law.
2. During the pilot period, information details published in the system are legally valid like those published in the Bidding Newspaper. Article 14. Search for information in the system
1. Interested bid solicitors, contractors and entities may search for the following information in the system:
a/ Information on contractors in the contractor database (reserved for bid solicitors);
b/ Information details specified in Clause 1. Article 13 of this Circular.
Circular No. 21/2010/TT-BKH dated October 28, 2010 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment detailing the appraisal of bidding dossiers of dossiers of requirements
Circular No. 17/2010/TT-BKH dated July 22, 2010 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment providing in detail pilot online bidding
Decree No. 190/2007/ND-CP guiding a number of articles of the law on social insurance regarding voluntary social insurance
Circular No. 15/2010/TT-BKH dated June 29,2010 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment detailing the making of reports on evaluation of bid dossiers applicable to consultancy service bid packages
Circular No. 11/2010/TT-BKH dated May 27, 2010 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment detailing competitive offering
© Copyright: 2011 DRAGON LAW FIRM - All rights reserved